Originally developed for British military veterans, Mindfulness of Dream & Sleep is a holistic approach to better sleep for people affected by stress or trauma.
In this immersive workshop we’ll learn how to transform the harmful effects that stress and trauma can have on the third of our life that we spend asleep by regulating our nervous system through the breath and the body.
Using scientifically verified mindfulness-based techniques alongside breath & body-work practices, deep relaxation and lucid dreaming the Mindfulness of Dream & Sleep protocol helps to reduce stress before bed, integrate trauma and optimize sleep quality.
Mindfulness of Dream & Sleep is based on a non-pathologizing approach to sleep & dreams supported by five core pillars:
1. Sleep Awareness (learning how sleep works)
2. Rest & Relax (yoga nidra/ hypnagogic mindfulness)
3. Breath-Body-Mind (coherent breathing & chi gong)
4. Transforming Nightmares (befriending trauma dreams)
5. Lucid Dreaming (consciously healing your dreams)
From common work-related stress to the more serious effects of trauma, this workshop will teach you effective techniques to help you sleep better and wake up healthier.
These practices are very effective. Independent analysis found that 87% of participants reported significantly improved sleep quality while 77% reported significantly lowered levels of anxiety around sleep after the workshop.
The course will also explore:
• The Science of Sleep Cycles
• The Neuroscience of Trauma
• Optimising our Sleep Health
• Dream-work for Trauma Integration
Whether you currently have stress of trauma affected sleep or not, learning these practices is still deeply beneficial and so everybody is welcome!