- "After the retreat I felt so inspired and I'm raring to go with lucid dreaming and already paying more attention to my spiritual needs."- Caroline
- “I was on the number 30 bus that was blown up at Tavistock Square in London on 7/7/05. I have had PTSD and consequently have to take strong medication every night to sleep. Since the retreat I have changed my whole perspective to sleep and now do not view my situation as a ‘problem’. I have found significant benefits to my mind, my life and indeed my whole being.” - Angela.
- "Words can't describe the gift what you shared with us on the retreat. Special thanks for your support and love towards me to taming death in order to really live!" -Tomas
- "I integrated more of my psychological baggage in the 4 day lucid dream retreat than I did in years of therapy. Thank you." -Keith (British Army veteran)
- “I feel so grateful that these long hidden secrets have been made available to me from such a talented teacher.” - Tara Wood (founder of Wild Fitness)
- “In almost 10 years of spiritual practice, this was by far the most profound 4 days of awakening. It was fun and wondrous!” - Cristoforo G (musician)
- "Charlie himself is a remarkable person. The integrity of his teaching runs deep. His perceptiveness is eye opening, both literally and figuratively. And he’s fun to be around. I consider myself lucky to be with him for a week." - Wallace (shamanic practitioner)
DREAMS OF AWAKENING RESIDENTIAL RETREAT
We sleep for a third of our lives. Have you ever wondered how you might make better use of that time? Over this 4 day retreat Hay House author and co-creator of “Mindfulness of Dream & Sleep” Charlie Morley shows us how to utilise that 30 year blackout to dream lucidly, sleep deeply and to train our minds to engage meditation all while we’re sound asleep.
By using the best of both Tibetan Buddhist and Western lucid dreaming techniques Mindfulness of Dream and Sleep offers a uniquely holistic approach to lucid dreaming with the aims of psychological growth, friendship with our psyches and nocturnal spiritual practice!
For a great insight into what actually happens on one of Charlie’s retreats watch this SABC TV documentary about Charlie’s retreat in South Africa here:
What is Mindfulness of Dream & Sleep?
Charlie’s teaching style for retreats has evolved into a more practical and interactive form than ever before with the addition of music, mindful movement and interactive exercises which all serve to deepen the learning experience.
The retreats participants even have the opportunity to engage in optional group dreaming sessions throughout the night in which Charlie guides the group into each dream period with a specific technique. Check out the timetable below for more details.
All retreats include an overview of the history, science and practice of lucid dreaming from both the Western psychological and Tibetan Buddhist traditions, instructions on how to maintain awareness into and out of sleep, recognition of illusion and of course plenty of teachings on learning “how to lucid dream”.
The Mindfulness of Dream & Sleep approach teaches us not only how to lucid dream within the context of psycho-spiritual growth, but also how to practice mindfulness mediation, increase our everyday awareness and learn how to work with our dreaming mind to reach our fullest potential.
Check out the retreat schedule and photo galleries below to get an idea of what you can expect.
Example of Timetable For 3/4 Day Retreat
8am: Breakfast + free time/personal practice time.
9.30-10am: Mindfulness meditation.
10-11am: Dream circle + Q&A
11-11.30am: TEA BREAK
11.30-1pm: Mindfulness of Dream and Sleep teaching session.
1pm– 2.30pm: LUNCH and free time
2.30pm – 3.30pm: Group nap
3.30-4pm: TEA BREAK and/or optional unguided yoga
4pm -5.30pm: Mindfulness of Dream and Sleep teaching session.
5.30-6pm: Mindful movement/balance work.
7pm-8pm: Lucid group discussion and/or Q & A session.
8pm-8.30pm: Mindfulness meditation.
8.30-9pm: Group intention setting for the night.
10.30pm -3am: Personal sleep and dream practice
3am- 4.30am: Optional group practice session 1
4.30am – 6am: Optional group practice session 2
6am-7.30am: Optional group practice session 3
7.30-8am: Optional group hypnapompic mindfulness